Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fixitandy

07 WR which crank?

7 posts in this topic

It's time for a rebuild, just after some feed back on cranks available out there, the 3 I'm looking at are new OEM , Wiseco , & Hot Rods , or rebuilding existing, thoughts? Info, pro's & cons, blah blah, cheers Andy.

I would go with the stock and buy an assembly rather than rebuild yours. It worked out cheaper on mine.

How many Ks/miles u get out of the stock crank ?

cheers for the feedback guys, got nearly 9000 km on it, starts & runs fine, uses no oil, only shimmed when necessary, just don't wanna push my luck too far & have a expensive catastrophic engine failure, but the bike gives me the impression she'll go forever, in regards to the Wiseco , didn't know that about them being Chinese, but had heard of several premature lock ups, & I know Bills ethos of OEM , & Hot Rods are seem to be on the down low at the moment, been amassing rebuild parts for a while now, got new plated cylinder, stage 1 ported head new std OEM piston, cam chain, all gaskets, seals, new Rekluse clutch basket, & will also get, new TC tensioner, & TC guides, &'clutch plates, can't wait really, cheers Andy
1 person likes this