HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASUking

YZ450F 2010. Install headlight and break light

15 posts in this topic

Anyone have any insight/instructables on installing headlight and brake light on 2010 yz450f?  thanks in advance.  

YZ450f.jpg

Anyone have any insight/instructables on installing headlight and brake light on 2010 yz450f?  thanks in advance.  

You will need a new stator with lighting coil can get one from Ricky Stator and a AC reg a pressure switch that replaces banjo bolt on master cyl. You can put it on rear or front brake or both.

From my understanding the stock stator will support up to 125 watts. I have a 6 watt polisport hmx, and a tusk tail light. I was just going to tap into the positive +14 v coming off the rectifier.

Would this solution work?

From my understanding the stock stator will support up to 125 watts. I have a 6 watt polisport hmx, and a tusk tail light. I was just going to tap into the positive +14 v coming off the rectifier.

Would this solution work?

yes, your solution will work fine and the previous poster is incorrect as your bike already has more than enough DC output to power your parts.

Drtrcr400...so I shouldn't need to install a newer higher powered rectifier, correct? Just tap in and good to go?

Correct. To make it easy you could purchase the Baja Designs lower harness. It comes with the handlebar switch as well. You have about 35-45 extra watts to work with.

This FTW! I did this on my bike and the headlight and taillight work great.

On another note and to pass along info...I also have a horn on my bike to get my plate and it works and makes a horn noise, lol. But it is not loud at all. Horns seem to require the extra juice of an actual battery to be loud, and since our bikes only extra capacity is the capacitor because we don't have batteries, there isn't a whole lot of juice stored for a horn. I connected a battery just to see if it was louder and this was the case but I don't really care or use the horn enough to figure out where to place a battery.

What light setup did you use? You use the lower harness from BD? What kind of hydraulic brake switch did you install?

What light setup did you use? You use the lower harness from BD? What kind of hydraulic brake switch did you install?

I used a Polisport DOT 35w halogen light with Low/High Beam. And yes just the lower harness, it's like 15 bucks. Here's a link to it below. I ordered a KS hydraulic brake switch but I can't remember where I got it from, really any hydraulic brake switch will work. Some people don't like hydraulic as they can fail, but I haven't had a problem.

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=129042

Sorry guys I need some more help. I recieved the lower harness, but not sure where to connect. I've tried to follow the inductions, just not clear to me. Can anyone help me identify where the numbered plug terminals should go? See attachments. Thank you!

1417581117007.jpg

1417581138812.jpg

The top one is what we called "WeatherPack" connectors when I was at the Chevy dealer.  Commonly used in GM cars, and widely available both at the dealers and in the aftermarket.  Effective and easy to use, once you get the terminals onto the wires.

The white ones look Asian.