HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ill_caper

Clarke Gas tank

7 posts in this topic

What do I rinse it out with before I put it in. It seems to have some plastic residue in it. Is there a special procedure that I must do before I install the tank? Thanks, Denis :)

The stock tank is a 2.6. So, why did you choose to go with the Clarke? I believe it requires the YZ shrouds too (as does the IMS tank.) Seems like a lot of money for not much more fuel. :) IMS has the 3.1 and Acerbis is releasing the 3.3 in March. :D

I've never had a problem with fuel capacity so I decided that I would save a little bit of money. Plus a couple of weeks ago I asked everyone which one they liked best and it seemed that people had problems with the Zip-Ty(IMS) tank. Yes, I did have to buy the YZ shrouds(39.99) from Yamaha. Oh well.

That's cool. I was just curious. I had heard the same about the IMS tanks and so I'm waiting on Acerbis to fill the gap. Here's to keeping the fingers crossed... :)