Trading

2005 yz 250 for a 2006 yz450f is this a good trade or no

That would really depend on condition and what you want. I have an 06 450 and my buddy has an 06 yz 250 smoker. I like them both. Vastly different bikes. I like 450 power delivery, less vibes. I like the smoker weight and lack of engine braking . I would like to have them both, which would ride more.... dunno. If I hated my 450 and could tolerate the increased vibes I would have a 06+ 250 smoker with a 295, 325, 345 kit on it. But I like my bike and will deal with the engine braking. Mostly condition and personal preference should be the deciding factor .

That would really depend on condition and what you want. I have an 06 450 and my buddy has an 06 yz 250 smoker. I like them both. Vastly different bikes. I like 450 power delivery, less vibes. I like the smoker weight and lack of engine braking . I would like to have them both, which would ride more.... dunno. If I hated my 450 and could tolerate the increased vibes I would have a 06+ 250 smoker with a 295, 325, 345 kit on it. But I like my bike and will deal with the engine braking. Mostly condition and personal preference should be the deciding factor .

Great response I just went to look at and ride the bike it's a solid bike in great condition with a high compression piston to help in the low range power it think I'm gonna trade the smoker

Just pray it doesn't grenade on you. Ever look at the rebuild cost 4t vs 2t. I do love my thumper ;)

Just pray it doesn't grenade on you. Ever look at the rebuild cost 4t vs 2t. I do love my thumper ;)

It just got new top end rebuild so it should be good for a while

Im curious who brought up the idea to trade and why? 

It was a guy with an ad on craigslist saying how the 450 was to much for hime and he wanted a 250 smoker so I decided it would be worth it considering I like 4 strokes better

Well that sounds like a very realistic reason. After having had some seat time on both Id stay with the 4 stroke if its not to much for you as well. I just did some barter work for a nice 09 yz450f and it is a fire breather but what little I have been on it its very controlable. It sounds like it might be a win win for both of you? If your into enduro riding the light weight migh be more atractive than the 4 stroke power though. Thy both shine under a different light!  Good luck and let us know what happens.

Edited by Metal Twister

It turns out the guy wanted 500$ along with the trade which I wasn't willing to do because my bike is worth a little more because the yz250s are unchanged up through 2015 so I'm just gonna keep my eyes out for another 450