Husenburg parts on a Yamaha

I know this sounds crazy...Don't laugh! But I was just wondering off the top of anybody's head if you knew if the top triple clamp from a 99 Husenburg would fit onto a 98 YZF. The Husenburg bikes come stock with a Pro Taper like bar (I think it starts with a 'm') and I can get one from my friend that is parting his out for real cheap, but I didn't know if it would fit or not, just a thought, thanks people!!!

Never seen a Husenburg before, but first thing to ask of both your bike and his is what the outer diameter of the fork tubes are. They vary from 43-48mm depending on bike make/model. If yours are 46mm and his clamp is 43mm, obviously that wouldn't work. The owners manual should have these specs on both bikes.

Then if that works, you'll have to check out the stem mounting, but like you said, hopefully someone on here will know without looking.

I’m pretty sure he must mean Husaberg.

opps...my bad, I only know this one guy who has one so I never learned how to spell it!!!

you know how riders are always on about how the juice clutches are better?

well i paid £90 ($140) over here and that was trade. they should be £130 ($210)well the same thing can be bought over here from husaberg for £70 apparently so if i were one of you boys i'd find out what they cost from husey. :):D

Taffy

Originally posted by Taffy:

you know how riders are always on about how the juice clutches are better?

well i paid £90 ($140) over here and that was trade. they should be £130 ($210)well the same thing can be bought over here from husaberg for £70 apparently so if i were one of you boys i'd find out what they cost from husey. :):D

Taffy

Same thing as in it would bolt up easilly to my YZ? I know the master cylinder would, but what about the other end?

it's different down at the engine end. difficult but what i suggest you do is;

1) get a price from husaberg for the clutch cylinder to fit on bars.

2) get a big purchase order together and order just the end bit. do a big order.

just a thought, i've got/had mine so i can only tell you that for enduroing in gnarly stuff they're worth their weight in gold!

Taffy