HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G-BRO

426 sale price

7 posts in this topic

I'm finally considering selling my beloved 01 426. After 10 years of it being my primary bike, I have finally upgraded. I just wanted a consensus from a sellers standpoint; has anybody sold a 426 recently? If so would you mind sharing your results? I've seen them listed from 1500-2500. Mine has a bunch of goodies and runs great....and the blah blah blah. Im just trying to see if its worth selling or keeping it around as a back up. PM if you'd like

I sold my 2002 yz426 early this summer. Mechanically great condition no issues, all stock, I had just put on new plastic and graphics, shimmed valves, had newish tires. It had 40-50hrs at time of sale, p/o bought it new in 2010 and it still hadthe stock tires when I got it, had a title. Anyways, I was ready for an update so I sold it for $1800. Probably could have done better if I waited a bit longer(it sold the day after I listed it). I'm in southern Ohio by the way.

Of course it depends on geography and bike condition and timing. www.craigslook.com can be a good gauge of regional asking prices.

I picked up my 01 426 this last August for $1800. Solid bike lot's of goodies and extras. I'd probably pay $2300 for one that's well taken care of.

Got a 2002 426 this year for 1800. The guy was asking 2250. It had been sitting for a couple years and was all stock. Used but in decent shape. Came with a lot of extras like jerseys pants goggles all new with tags and a new front tire. This is in Ontario, Canada.

Man you guys pay a lot for bikes out there. In Arizona or California you would get no where near $2000 for a 426. I bought my 06' 450 for $2300 5 YEARS AGO! It was only 3 years old at the time. Still riding it and she's doing great.

Is it worth it to have a bike shipped from the West? Guys out here buy a new bike every time the graphics change and dump the previous bike for next to nothing.