HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YzCas

Good or bad experience with your rekluse core exp 3.0 installed correctly in your yz450f.

3 posts in this topic

What was your main reason for installing the rekluse in your bike and your experience with it?

Technical rocky steep singletrack, It works awesome no going back!

1 person likes this

Stalling during a moto, hard to start after a fall. With the core it will run on its side till i can get it back upright, would buy it again.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By dmdxr400
      I have the Rekluse with the Perch adjuster so I still have my clutch lever. However, some people also like to add a (shorty) left hand rear brake lever. More finesse than the right foot gives. Has anyone done this? Is there a kit?
      I love my X and getting in those scratchy little trails this would help.
      I know some KTM folks have done this, but without the perch part. I would like to have both.
      -Dennis
    • By x2468
      Apparently rekluse has an all new auto clutch that is completely redesigned from their old model, called the Rekluse EXP. Motocross action has a small write up on it. apparently it is easier to install and maintain. all of the parts are contained in a single, large disc that you install in one shot, and uses a series of weights instead of ball bearings. there is a small news clip on Rekluses website, but interestingly it doesn't mention anything the MXA write up did, and mentions some things it didn't. it says that you can switch the bike from manual to autoclutch in a few minutes, and the clutch action feels even better than the rekluse pro.
      http://www.rekluse.com/exp2.shtml
      MXA says it will retail for 700. not much more than the rekluse pro.
      just figured i'd share
    • By tk2stroke
      The July issue of Motocross Action arrived today and the new Rekluse Core EXP review (page 132) caught my immediate eye. This new Rekluse appears to be a totally different product and very worthy of consideration on my bike (09 450R). MXA gave it 5 stars and and didn't note any negative view points. Up until today, I was planning on purchasing a Hinson slipper clutch, but now there seems to be an even much better option costing much less (slipper $1200+ versus the new Rekluse for $799)
      I ride mostly MX in the Vet C class and I'm frustrated with the occasional stall, especially later in motos when I'm tired or from a mistake. If this thing works as advertisied, I dont see any value in getting a slipper clutch over the new Rekluse? While MXA didnt mention anything about engine braking , I'm assuming the new Rekluse would cure this just as good as a slipper?
      Does anyone see any downside on this? My impulse buying urge is at an all time high.
    • By Slackkinhard
      Anybody had both? Have input?
      I'm down for a bit, and so is my stable of bikes, so I've been tinkering. The KLX has it's head down in CA getting some SS valves, and the suspension is in process of being messed with(putting in a 5.6 rear spring in lieu of a 5.4)...I bought an Acerbis 3.3 gallon tank and some new shrouds to go on when the head goes back on. What I'm trying to decide is whether to install the Z-start Pro that I've got in a box on the shelf, or see what I can do to get an EXP? I've gotta new Barnett pressure plate that would require a new basket to do it justice. I like my clutch, grew up with it. I'm somewhat of an old dog trying to learn this new auto-trick. It irks me when some young buck that for the most part can't get around near as well as me, gets a hold of one of these new auto-clutches and is suddenly competitive in the rough stuff. I've ridden several auto-clutched bikes, but never the EXP. Seems the EXP has better clutch feel, but more abrupt engagement?
      any help appreciated
    • By supervokes
      Here is my "review" of the Revloc Dyna Ring clutch. Note ... this is for "off road" applications ... not track. Bike is an 08 CRF450R.
      I have used Rekluse clutches (z-start and z-start Pro) for the last 3.5 years, so this comparison will be to the Rekluse z-start models.
      The best way to sum it up ... If you like the benefits of the regular clutch and the Rekluse .. the Revloc (or the new Rekluse "trail" offering soon to be released) is the ticket. If you like butter smooth engagement, like riding one gear up and hate clutches altogether ... you might prefer a Rekluse.
      The Rekluse relies on ball bearings in the top pressure plate that exert a downward force on the clutch pack as RPM increases.
      The Rev-loc sits in the middle of the clutch pack and actually EXPANDS inside to close the gap. Takes about 10 minutes to install. If you can remove your gas tank ... you can install the dyna ring. You manually adjust the "gap" or engagement via the clutch lever cable adjustor.
      Things I notice about the Revloc ... just like a regular clutch, gear selection is more important. While you can ride "one gear up" on the Rekluse, the Revloc doesn't like it as much. It doesn't chatter ... just seems to prefer being in the right gear as it doesn't slip in the same manner as the Rekluse (like the regular clutch). Proper gear selection seems to be more important with the Revloc (just as in a normal clutch).
      Think of it this way ... if your riding in 4th gear on a manual clutch and really should be in 2nd, the instant your crack the throttle the bike "chugs" telling you its in too high a gear. Well you won't get the chug with the Revloc, it will feel like your slipping the clutch a lot and you'll wonder where the power has gone. Then you will realize .. oops .. wrong gear. With the Rekluse it is not as noticeable.
      The Revloc dyna ring seems to stall less than the Rekluse. The engagement is smooth and completely adjustable at the lever .. almost smoother than the Rekluse in some ways, but the disengagement is quite quick (slamming the brakes, etc.). I think this is due to the fact the Revloc has the mechanical advantage of the clutch springs to disengage and has less flywheel effect, when the Rekluse relies 100% on centrifugal force for the top pressure plate to disengage. Very useful on tech sections when you are chopping the throttle.
      What is really weird is trying to "fan the clutch". You can do it ... but both the clutch lever AND the revloc work together in engaging the clutch. What is different is "popping" the clutch like a regular one. When the clutch is pulled in, and you rev the bike up in the higher RPM .. the revloc starts to engage even with the clutch pulled in (as its closing the gap inside). Hard to explain, but the regular clutch pressure plate AND the dyna ring work together and sort of against each other at the SAME time. Takes a bit to get used to, but I adjusted fast. When your fanning the clutch ... the Revloc is also expanding or contracting inside dependent on your bikes RPM ... not to mention that as you let the clutch lever out, your now introducing the clamping force of the top pressure plate in the equation ... so that is what gives the clutch a different engagement "feel".
      If somebody took my bike out for a ride and did not know there was a Revloc in it ... they probably would not notice. They might say the clutch engagement feels different. Not sure how it would work for racing applications ...?
      Overall ... which would I choose ?? After using the Rekluse for over 3 years, I prefer the Revloc dyna ring. Its basically a hybrid of an auto clutch and a regular clutch. Not really one or other other .... just kind of the best and worst of both worlds.
      If your off road riding and not 100% sold on the Rekluse, and don't mind the stock feel and having to pull a clutch lever again the Dyna ring might be a happy medium for you. If your a track rider, the Rekluse EXP might be more up your alley.