2014 yz450 what mods work and what dont

Hey guys,

Just got my new 2014 yz450 just finished run in, suspension,sag clickers etc all set to my weight.

i have now got 4 hours and just done first service.

i will be dropping my forks about 4-6 mm for more weight over front and better turning in corners.( Had to do this on old bike as well)

Have done fuel breather mod, but ran mine between side of air box down them up along wiring loom to the top of the stem head,much neater then drilling holes in my opinion.

Still unsure or crank case breather mod?????

ordered bash plate in case lol

my biggest issue is wondering do i leave stock pipe on,Is there a mod you can do to the stock pipe?  spark arrester or do i get slip on pipe thinking of a fmf.

if i get a pipe do i need to change maps, my research says no but others say yes. Or if someone is local gold coast they l could pay them to change my map instead of buying a tuner as once set l will not change it.

What's the crank case breather mod?

When you run the hose to the air box

When you run the hose to the air box

Why would you want to do that?

It's a mod so you don't suck nothing up the hose, have a read about it

I did the crank breather mod. Have 15hrs since and no problems. It's good piece of mind when getting stuck in water/mud crossings or while in sand!

I did the crank breather mod. Have 15hrs since and no problems. It's good piece of mind when getting stuck in water/mud crossings or while in sand!

I don't ride in water or sloppy mud so think I'll give it a miss.

Whereas I ride in sand quite often, haven't done any mods to the breather, and have no problems with it.

I don't ride in water or sloppy mud so think I'll give it a miss.

So you ride on pavement?? Haha

Whereas I ride in sand quite often, haven't done any mods to the breather, and have no problems with it.

I wasn't worried about sand either. Just getting stuck in deep water and mud. My supermoto always had a recirc oil system like graves bikes, so I felt I should do something if I'm running in offroad areas now.

So you ride on pavement?? Haha

Hahaha! No mate, I just don't ride on wet tracks. I'm a fair weather rider you could say ;)