HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonDirt

2014 YZ450 flywheel weight?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone running one? I see GYTR makes a +4.4oz. What is the point? Why didn't they make it heavier?

Is this better than a Steahly 7 or 9oz? What is the difference between the two?

Looks like the GYTR is a replacement, and the Steahly is an added weight?

Thanks. That was actually my post, I don't remember seeing that, haha. So you recommend the GYTR one?

Me? Yes.  I much prefer welded weights to adding them on with screws or glues.  Whether one has more real inertia mass than the other, I can't definitively say.

I'm running a GYTR 4.9 on my 14. No way, no how did I want an glued on flywheel weight.

It does not make as much difference as it did on my 09, but it does help with wheel spin in the woods.  I really wish they would make a 9 oz.

Edited by FRANTIK1

While I understand the one piece units are preferable I have a steahly 9 once in my 450 and love what it did to my bike and have logged about 35 hours on my bike with no issues so my review for there product would be positive if you went that route.

Edited by Mtrain730

While I understand the one piece units are preferable I have a steahly 9 once in my 450 and love what it did to my bike and have logged about 35 hours on my bike with no issues so my review for there product would be positive if you went that route.

Did you do the installation with the epoxy yourself? I'm looking into putting one on and the GYTR doesn't seem to add enough weight to make a big enough difference.

Have you tried the GYT-R?  Or are you comparing the weight increase to what used to be done with the older engines? 

The weight added to the flywheel for an EFI bike is more effective than the same weight on one of the flywheels for a carbed bike because it's larger in diameter, which places it farther from the crank center line, and gives the inertia more "leverage" on the crank.  4 ounces on a the flywheel of a '14 is like 8 or 9 on an '09.

Ok glad you cleared that up grey. I was definitely a little sketched out about having to glue a part of my engine.