Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kx06

2014 yz450 DR. D Radiator Lowering Kit

10 posts in this topic

Wondering if any of you guys that have this mod if it's worth the $ and if so can you notice a difference ?

I see that one person's opinion is that there was no difference. I've heard other people say there is a big difference. 

Has anyone else done this mod? More opinions? I'm also curious to know. 

It would be nice to hear from someone who has done this mod by itself, and rode it before and after (rather than someone who did it at the same time as motor mounts, triple clamps, linkage, etc)

I see that one person's opinion is that there was no difference. I've heard other people say there is a big difference.

Has anyone else done this mod? More opinions? I'm also curious to know.

It would be nice to hear from someone who has done this mod by itself, and rode it before and after (rather than someone who did it at the same time as motor mounts, triple clamps, linkage, etc)

Well said ! That is an answer I am looking for also. I rode my buddy's 14 with it but his bike is set up perfect with suspension and other stuff so kinda hard to tell if it made a difference.

I would also like to know, before I drop $120 and chop some radiator hoses. Does it help?

I've had them since 2009 when I got some for free.  I've got a set from another rider when he got rid of his Yamaha after he tried a link, a lowering kit and a relocation kit.  He still hated his Yamaha......

Anyhow,  the radiators weigh a little over 1 lb, and the water is about a pint in the radiators.  If you can feel that difference, your pretty damn good.  I got them because I don't have to pay for them.  I wouldn't pay for them.  BTW, they used to retail in 2008 for 49 bucks. Now they are over a 100.  Good marketing for 8 small pieces of aluminum and 4 bolts. A little mud and sand, well that kinda negates that.....

Just an honest assessment guys.....

1 person likes this

The stock muffler is damn good, just needs repacked at about 20 hours.  Most guys don't do this. Changing air filters, keeping up with tire pressure and chain maintenance and being honest with yourself is  better than buying a Yosh or some wheels that are HEAVIER than stock...

But if your like all the old fat seniors I race with that can't ride, by all means spend that money and eat some donuts......

The Cycra plastic did help the response of the bike. That was money well spent. Best mod I think you can do, and they are pretty damn good stock. Hard to make it better without some major machining like the factories do......

The Cycra plastic did help the response of the bike. That was money well spent. Best mod I think you can do, and they are pretty damn good stock. Hard to make it better without some major machining like the factories do......

Can you use the DR.D radiator lowering kit with the Cycra Plastics?