HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foursmoke

CHAIN SLIDE QUESTION?

7 posts in this topic

Well it's time for a new chain slide and I would like to get something superior to stock. I don't want to do the inner tube thing again on a stock replacement and I have heard from other riders that the "TM Design" chain slide is very noisey so I would like to find other options if I could. Is the UFO slider any good :D? Any other choices would be appriciated :D.

Thanks, Smoke :)

The new TM design is not noisy. The old TM design is. I have the old design. The new one has a different compound inside that is softer and does not bang like the older version. :)

A friend of mine just installed a TM designs chain slider and he really likes it. He mentioned that it wasn't any louder than the stocker. He also installed a TM designs chain guide. We've got a running bet as to how long that stays on there before a big old rock takes it out. :)

I have both and have no issues with a rock taking out the rear guide. It is only slightly thicker than stock. I am very happy with the TM Designs quality! :)

Hey, wouldn't you know butch already has a stock replacement in my garage waiting for you? :):D

Mark, I was hopeing to not have to do the inner tube fix on the stock replacement so the slide doesn't wear away at the swing arm under the slide. I guess Yamaha does this to sell swingarms to people that hold onto their bike for more than a year or two :) I may just get the TM Designs slider after all.

Smoke :D

I know you wanted the TM design. I just thought it was funny that Butch got the part before he found out you wanted it or the TM. :D:)