Have you ever done this or are you talking without experience to back it up ?

Gee, look at the poster child for talking without experience to back it up calling me out. Hilarious. ?

But yes, as a matter of fact I *have* played around with FI tuning quite a bit, and it absolutely can alter the power delivery substantially. You would know this if you'd ever done it yourself on your WR. Derp.

I played around with flywheel weights on my '04 CRF450R I had. Helped with the low speed flameouts and tamed down the aggressive nature of that motor. Really liked that bike for the desert. Sold it to get the green sticker '07 WR 450. I will never go back to a non e-start bike.

Have you ever even sat on a fi yz450f, derp ?

Of course I have. That is how I use the Midlife method of determining bike weights and handling characteristics, I just sit on a bike at dealer and toss it around a bit. Tells me everything I need to know. It's that kind of scientific methodology you bring to the table. Derp.

Of course I have. That is how I use the Midlife method of determining bike weights and handling characteristics, I just sit on a bike at dealer and toss it around a bit. Tells me everything I need to know.

Figured as much.

You have the Midlife method confused with the GP1K method.   The Midlife method involves riding many bikes ON THE TRAIL, making side by side comparisons and tearing into my own bike, making changes and testing things.  Check out my sig compared to yours.

A good example of your "knowledge" was when you wrote tomes about a) how a camshaft swap wouldn't improve my bike for woods use (WRONG !) and then went on to say how a 250F had more power than any of us could make use of.  (WRONG AGAIN !).

And before you get on your stool about maps in my bike, I've loaded it with the FMF map, as a starting point, for even more power and throttle response, now that I have the cam sorted out.

You may have relegated your WR to DS use, but some of us actually use our WRs to their fullest.

I wouldn't be commenting on how you can tame down the 2010+ FI YZ450F unless you have some experience doing so.   There are a lot of variables at play.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy

Figured as much.

You have the Midlife method confused with the GP1K method.   The Midlife method involves riding many bikes ON THE TRAIL, making side by side comparisons and tearing into my own bike, making changes and testing things.  Check out my sig compared to yours.

A good example of your "knowledge" was when you wrote tomes about a) how a camshaft swap wouldn't improve my bike for woods use (WRONG !) and then went on to say how a 250F had more power than any of us could make use of.  (WRONG AGAIN !).

And before you get on your stool about maps in my bike, I've loaded it with the FMF map, as a starting point, for even more power and throttle response, now that I have the cam sorted out.

You may have relegated your WR to DS use, but some of us actually use our WRs to their fullest.

I wouldn't be commenting on how you can tame down the 2010+ FI YZ450F unless you have some experience doing so.   There are a lot of variables at play.

Your 'testing' methods are laughable. Have you weighed your bike yet? Yeah, didn't think so. Here's the thing. You've been riding for what, like a year and a half now? And your WR is your first real bike? So your comparisons mean jack shit, as no way no how are you a good enough rider that you can tell subtle differences in suspension setup etc like that. Unless you're saying you are a one in a million talent like Stewart, Carmichael Jarvis, Walker etc that you are just that good with such little experience. But I know that's not the case, as the drivel you post proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are NOT that experienced, and you just don't get it. You think reading shit on the internet or playing with restackor is the same thing as actual seat time... ITS NOT.

Your concept of 'improved' is just as suspect as the actual weight of your bike. It means nothing coming from you. Your gearing alone is hilarious, especially your justification for it.... so you can climb hills in 3rd without using the clutch. That is a NOOB thing to do right there, no doubt about it. Gearing to compensate for lack of clutch skills. You whole cam thing came from the fact that you butchered your wiring so much you COULDNT tune your FI anymore...derp.

Yeah, Im sure you're using all that power in the 'tight woods' you ride in... LOL And I never once said a 250F is more power than any of use can use, nice try at putting words in my mouth... but I will say that about  a 450, especially in your case. Unless you are saying you are on par with Jarvis, Walker, Stewart, Dungey, etc... and you're not, not even remotely close.

Oh and I sold my WR and got a 500 EXC instead, way better bike (for me). My WR will be heading to Baja soon with the new owner though, and when he returns he's going to put a snow bike conversion kit on it for the winter. Everybody wins.

Oh and I sold my WR and got a 500 EXC instead, way better bike (for me). My WR will be heading to Baja soon with the new owner though, and when he returns he's going to put a snow bike conversion kit on it for the winter. Everybody wins.

So why are you still here ?

Your 'testing' methods are laughable. Have you weighed your bike yet? Yeah, didn't think so. Here's the thing. You've been riding for what, like a year and a half now? And your WR is your first real bike? So your comparisons mean jack shit, as no way no how are you a good enough rider that you can tell subtle differences in suspension setup etc like that. Unless you're saying you are a one in a million talent like Stewart, Carmichael Jarvis, Walker etc that you are just that good with such little experience. But I know that's not the case, as the drivel you post proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you are NOT that experienced, and you just don't get it. You think reading shit on the internet or playing with restackor is the same thing as actual seat time... ITS NOT.

Your concept of 'improved' is just as suspect as the actual weight of your bike. It means nothing coming from you. Your gearing alone is hilarious, especially your justification for it.... so you can climb hills in 3rd without using the clutch. That is a NOOB thing to do right there, no doubt about it. Gearing to compensate for lack of clutch skills. You whole cam thing came from the fact that you butchered your wiring so much you COULDNT tune your FI anymore...derp.

Yeah, Im sure you're using all that power in the 'tight woods' you ride in... LOL And I never once said a 250F is more power than any of use can use, nice try at putting words in my mouth... but I will say that about a 450, especially in your case. Unless you are saying you are on par with Jarvis, Walker, Stewart, Dungey, etc... and you're not, not even remotely close.

I agree, but I also can say, I doubt most people can actually use a 250 at full performance the way stewart or Jarvis or any others does. Most bikes made from 250 up, is more power then most people can actually use.

I'm not talking about banging redline in second or third gear, I'm talking about real riding. I'm not attacking you, I'm on your side. I am simply stating people continue to think the 250 is to small etc..

Your gearing alone is hilarious, especially your justification for it.... so you can climb hills in 3rd without using the clutch. That is a NOOB thing to do right there, no doubt about it. Gearing to compensate for lack of clutch skills.

Yeah... except 2 other WR450F riders rode my bike and now both are running 12 tooth sprockets.  It has nothing to do with clutching anything and everything to do with setting the bike up for the conditions.  

So why are you still here ?

As a community service to protect people from your crappy advice.

I agree, but I also can say, I doubt most people can actually use a 250 at full performance the way stewart or Jarvis or any others does. Most bikes made from 250 up, is more power then most people can actually use.

I'm not talking about banging redline in second or third gear, I'm talking about real riding. I'm not attacking you, I'm on your side. I am simply stating people continue to think the 250 is to small etc..

I agree 100%. But I'm definitely one that thinks a 250 is too small, I ride one. :ride:

Yeah... except 2 other WR450F riders rode my bike and now both are running 12 tooth sprockets.  It has nothing to do with clutching anything and everything to do with setting the bike up for the conditions.  

So they're noobs like you. Got it.

What!!! Why? Just add a cam.

Sorry just had too.

I had my WR up for sale for 2 weeks. Was gonna buy the big brother to my '14 350 EXC. Decided to keep the WR as it is already setup to be my desert whoop bashing bike and the 350 my Summertime mountain riding bike.
  • Like 1

I had my WR up for sale for 2 weeks. Was gonna buy the big brother to my '14 350 EXC. Decided to keep the WR as it is already setup to be my desert whoop bashing bike and the 350 my Summertime mountain riding bike.

TBH, as much as love my 500 already, for a desert whoop basher, you'd probably be happier on your linkage WR than a PDS 500 for that kind of riding.