Beta 2015 500 RS has arrived

The Harley's are all coming into town for the ROT (Republic of Texas) rally this weekend and I always wanted to go stick a Beta among the 1000's of bikes lined up downtown on Friday and Saturday night. 

go stick a Beta among the 1000's of bikes lined up downtown on Friday and Saturday night. Probably won't though..

I defiantly would. We always ride other brands to Harley Davidson's reunions. I've been to the 95,100,105 and the 110th. It's only a 30 mile drive to their sacred ground of Milwaukee. Most are very nice but there are a few that need to be humbled now and then. I did get pulled over by one of Milwaukee's finest riding a HD at the 105th. He asked what the hell I thought I was doing. I asked why and he said I was out classing the HD faithful. I must have had a weird look on my face because he started laughing and pulled out a set of keys with a BMW tag on them. He said he only rides this piece of shit HD when he's at work to which we both were laughing at that point. I honestly could careless what brand you drive but it is fun meeting other riders.

Edited by Rotax
  • Like 1

Dorian

Just picked up my '16 500RS. Early days yet but had my first ride last weekend. Bike ran flawlessly, handled great with tons of useable power and no flame-outs or stalls etc. I swapped-out the stock 15T sprocket for the optional 13T that came with the bike. This was great for tight single track to fast logging roads. On pavement, RPM-wise, 50-55mph was about as fast as I felt comfortable going. A 14T front sprocket might be worth a try. The 15T is great for hiway and faster off-road going.

As with any new bike I still need to play with the suspension, set-up etc but early impression is good. Changing the engine oil and filter and gearbox oil (they're separate) is a breeze! Air filter access is good. Despite our best efforts not to, we rode thru some DEEP water several times and nothing made it past the filter (or into the engine). Ergos are good altho I'll need a taller/softer seat (I'm 6'2"). FYI - my rear turn indicators filled with mud/water. The wires going into and thru the signal stalks are not sealed so water can easily get in. I dis-assembled the signals, cleaned 'em and sealed the wires where they enter the stalks with RTV silicone sealer. Hopefully that'll do the trick. So that's my biggest complaint about my new bike :D

Can you use stock chain with the 13T? Do you still have lost of room to adjust when the chain stretches? 

• 4 months later...

Really Johnny D... The 500 RS ,,, the one that you have especially  is just about the best bike Beta makes overall to me . I like my 300rr the best for what I ride but for a 1 bike do everything bike you have it. A guy can ride to a race and race and ride home..

I've raced my 09 525 RS BEta at hare scrambles and it works great.. The newer more nimble model with a motor that has more top end ought to be even better.. It is interesting how the motor manners are similar in some ways.. even though it's an old rfs version ktm motor.. but I guess Beta knows what kind of feel that would work right.. The Beta motors seem awesome from what I have seen. I've been tempted at times to upgrade from my 09 big bore to one like yours.. but it just isn't worth the money and the little bit of improvement.. but maybe later a deal will come up that might make sense.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...