HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bill1977

how much paint ?

3 posts in this topic

I am repainting the frame on my 2000 yz426 and was wondering how many cans of spray paint I will need to order to cover the frame and subframe. I was going to order the kit from color-rite but wanted to be sure I order enough. I was looking at ordering http://www.colorrite.com/product/yamaha-0564-deep-purplish-blue-metallic-c-dpbmc-1905.cfm  The complete repair package for 79.95. Will this be enough to get the job done ? I tried to find a answer on the forum but didn't see one.

I believe you would be in it at least two cans but maybe a third for touch up. You can always call color rite and ask.

Thanks, I am not sure if I want to spend 130 on paint. Anyone know of anything that matches that is a little cheaper ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By ONLY4STROKES
      Some people say gas, kerosene, water...what is the best way to clean an air filter? Procedures?
    • By drz400e2000
      Hello all !
      I've just bought a yr 2000 drz400e, really pleased with it.
      What oil do you recommend for a low mileage model (<1000 miles)?
      Mineral or semi synthetic?
      Thanks in advance...
    • By tennessee thumper
      FYI,
      After looking over a number of posts on the entire TT site, I decided to follow some advise regarding cheap m/c cleaners and try a bottle of SHOUT spray stain remover on the 06 TE 450. (This was after two pretty muddy rides).
      I sprayed the bike off with a garden hose, getting the big dirt/mud chunks off...then soaked the entire bike with SHOUT. I let the cleaner soak for about 20 minutes and the results were spectacular. A simple light spray with the garden hose and it was clean as a whistle. Hubs, engine, plastics etc...it worked wonderfully and at 2 bucks a bottle I really recommend it. Plus it smells good. If you have not used it try it, you'll like it.
      Also, here is a link to a pic and short video of the TE in action somewhere in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas.
      http://ozarks3xw.blogspot.com/
      TT
    • By wagener
      Fast question.
      How and where do I check if I have the right coolant level?
    • By stavendirtbike
      I will be away for Military duties for 3-6 months. I have a 2008 Suzuki rmz250. It is kept in my un-heated garage and it gets cold here in Connecticut. I just recently finally got the carb tuned perfectly and would hate to have to tear it all apart again due to a gummed up carburetor.
      What is the best way to winterize this? Just drain all the gas out of the fuel bowl and tank? Keep the gas in and add stabilizer?