Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigvaportrail

2011 YZ450 "yamaha has lost it's way"

7 posts in this topic

Folks let me say that there has been a lot of opinions about the 10'-13' generation Yamaha 's.

One post was, and I realize it was the man's opinion   

quote  "yamaha has lost it's way" ....

So here is my humble opinion:  My new to me 11' YZ450 is hands down the very best stock bike I have rode. The suspension is incredible.  Handle's as good as this Vet rider can tell.  Its fantastic, and I have had 2 modern suzuki 's. Just sold my dearly loved 09' kx450 and this Yz is an absolute treat to ride in every way.  So if this thing last's as well as my 01' WR did and as good as my 07' YZ did then I know I am in good shape in the reliabilty department as well.

Grayracer if you want to sell your trusty ole 06' and find a "new to you" bike then at least take this Vet riders humble opinion and anyone else out there for that mattter and I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you do get one.

Edited by bigvaportrail

I have an 06 and test rode the 2015 with the intent to buy one. After the test ride it was clear to me that I'll be waiting for the 2018.

I don't pay much attention to naysayers of any stripe.  Most of them have an agenda, even if they don't realize it.  I do find it amusing that after so many years of handling essentially the same way, and being criticized mercilessly for it, that Yamaha now changes things up to be more like what folks asked for and now they're all whining that it's different. 

It's just a different approach to chassis design.  Every bike you buy will be different than the next, but people win races on all of them.  Ride it. If you like it, buy it.  If you don't, you have a choice to adapt to it, alter it, or walk away from it.

4 people like this

Love my 2010 YZ450F. Way better than my old 03

Some contrast there, alright.

1 person likes this

so many years of handling essentially the same way, and being criticized mercilessly for it, that Yamaha now changes things up to be more like what folks asked for and now they're all whining that it's different. 

I have found this to be true as well...Handles great however the stock suspension is what has impressed me the most 

Amazing :rolleyes:

Braking bumps and chop,  it soaks it up like I have never ever felt before