Seat concepts

Buddy has one on his VStrom and had one on his KTM450 and both are great quality. Both made a big difference in comfort and look very well made.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

2013 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

I have Seat Concepts on one of my bikes and a Corbin on another. Seat Concepts is softer, cheaper, lighter. Corbin is firmer, heavier but overall more comfortable on a long ride because of the way it is contoured and because it doesn't create "hot spots". The Seat Concepts is a little too soft for me. I can feel the seat pan underneath. It is still much better than oem.

How would you compare these two seats?

Good Afternoon.

Does anyone have any suggestions for comfy seats i have a wr450 09 and my seat feels rock hard will be grateful of any replies cheers ?.

I have an 09 WR450F and put a Seat Concepts seat on it.  Way more comfortable, now I can ride it for hours.  My ass got sore after 20 minutes with the stock seat.  No regrets but it makes me wonder why Yamaha can't make a better seat.  

• Like 1

Apparently my reply post didn't makeit.

I did do the seat cover my self. I used a hand stapler gun. Not the easiest way to do it but you only need to do it once.

Way more confortable then stock. I also like that it looks close to stock. I also have oneof my husky te310.

How would you compare these two seats?

SC concepts about an inch wider where you sit. aprox 7 1/2 vs. 8 1/2" on mine.  Both standard height seats but both a little taller than a stock seat, the guts being taller than the sc.  Carbon look material and colored piping on the SC make it look better quality, but the guts looks good too with it two material fabric and vinyl look.  SC will send you a sheet of plastic you put over the foam to help waterproof it, gutts doesn't.  Using the plastic may make the seat hotter? I duno.  I put it on and rode nevada with it and didn't seem to notice anything. The guts I had to restretch and re staple after a ride to tighten some wrinkles, no biggie, but I haven't need to do it on the SC.

• Like 1

With the SC on my ’12 now I have two 8 hr off road days on it and I can say it's the best seat I've had on a dirt bike. Best looking too. I saw the comment about feeling the seat pan thru it and I don't understand that. Does that happen like bottoming out the suspension on a bad bump? I haven't noticed that yet and I have the standard not the tall seat.

• Like 1

Got my SC seat today.    I like it alot.  I got the low in order to make it easier for me to dab with my feet.  It helps me avoid putting a lowering link on it, and it is wider and softer over all.

Here are a couple of comparison pics (the stocker has no pan on it because I used the pan for the SC one).  Then I have a couple of pics of it on my '14 WRF.  I will test it out soon...these days I get home from work and it's already too dark to ride.

I recommend it though.

WP_20141027_003_zps7a81146a.jpg

WP_20141027_001_zps05c85fbd.jpg

WP_20141027_007_zps99dff989.jpg

WP_20141027_006_zps69e783a7.jpg

WP_20141027_004_zps93dd8035.jpg

• Like 1