Starter eliminator plug?

Has anyone determined whether or not the GYT-R starter eliminator plug for the new quad will fit our bikes? If not, what are you guys that have removed the starter using? I did a search and see Blue One had his welded, but I need a more reversable solution. Thanx.

I don't see why it wouldn't fit.They both have the same sidecase. I would've ordered it if mine hadn't broken. I say go for it and let us know :)

Why not pull the idler gear out of the small side cover and put the cover back on if you dont want the e-start feature. Put a plastic cap and silicone seal it on the starter motor input if you want to pull the motor out as well. :)

Blue One, I was looking at the picture on the Yamaha site and couldn't quite see how it....but if the cases are the same, good enough, thanks.

Indy, I thought about that, but I want(at least the illusion of) something a little more solid. I had the timing plug back out on me, and didn't notice until I was picking the bike up out of the dirt and some oil spilled out on my boot. Of course the hole(and stator) was full of oily mud. :D Now I'm a little spooked about things like that. Anyway, I'm considering an auto-clutch, and don't see the point in lugging around my beloved e-start on a "stall-proof" bike.

:DPsssst, Faceplant, that new auto-thingy will make you better, faster , lighter, and you can backfire all you want. Go ahead, charge it...you deserve it....c'mon.... :D

:usa::):D :D :D

Blue One, I was looking at the picture on the Yamaha site and couldn't quite see how it....but if the cases are the same, good enough, thanks.

I thought the same thing when i saw the part. :) But when i saw your post i went to the yamaha microfiche and looked up the side cases and they share the same partnumber.

Which autoclutch are you getting?

I think I'm gonna go with the Z-Start. Seems like everyone here has been happy with them so far. I like the external adjustability and the price(cause I'm lazy and poor).