14 yz450 keeps ripping valves off inner tubes

Guys I have a problem that is starting to confuse me now?

I keep ripping the valves clean off the inner tube when I'm out riding, first I thought or well this stuff happens so bought an Ultra Heavy Duty tube and that has done the same after 1hr of riding!

Any idea why???ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1413184106.279165.jpg

Edited by Gaz929

I assume that you use one of those tire holders http://img.ec24h.pl/rabittsport/tmp/0/3/0/f/trzymacz-opony-do-motocykli-o-poj-6585ccm.153x180-s.jpg

Did you tight it firmly? I mean really firmly.. Do you ride with the tube`s ventil nut screwed on the top of the rim?

I use regular tubes, which are lighter than those heavy duty. I never use the ventil nuts

Yes I have the rim lock fitted, and I thought it was tight but maybe not! As for the nut on the valve stem I always tighten them as well.

Never had this problem before until I got this bike? I'm guessing all the torque is causing tyre slippage.

Yes I have the rim lock fitted, and I thought it was tight but maybe not! As for the nut on the valve stem I always tighten them as well.

Never had this problem before until I got this bike? I'm guessing all the torque is causing tyre slippage.

Never tighten the nut on the valve stem!!! Always leave it off or back it off until it hits the valve cap. By doing this you can see when the tire slips because the calve stem will be cocked to one side. Then simply let the air out, loosen the rim lock, break the bead, spin the tire and hit the brakes to spin it back the opposite direction.

Funny thing is my 450 hasn't spun the tire in a while but on my 125 I had to reset it last weekend. I guess it all depends on how good it bites into the rim and the condition of your rim lock.

Never tighten the nut on the valve stem!!! Always leave it off or back it off until it hits the valve cap. By doing this you can see when the tire slips because the calve stem will be cocked to one side. Then simply let the air out, loosen the rim lock, break the bead, spin the tire and hit the brakes to spin it back the opposite direction.

Funny thing is my 450 hasn't spun the tire in a while but on my 125 I had to reset it last weekend. I guess it all depends on how good it bites into the rim and the condition of your rim lock.

The tubes I've bought have two nuts on them do I use them both?

1) check the rim lock.  I may have been bent narrower by over tightening on a tire with a thicker than normal bead, or it may be for a 1.85 wide rim instead of the 2.15.

2) dust your tubes with talcum power (baby powder, bath powder, foot powder).  It keeps them from "crawling" in the tire.

Cheers guys, I'll try all what you's have said

throw away the valve stem nuts :)