HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mch

Yamaha FI Tool 2012+ WR450 Help Needed

4 posts in this topic

Okay, I bought the actual Yamaha FI tool used from an ebay seller.  I had originally bought that other FI tool from China that a few members had luck with, but the subsequent buyers didn't.

Anyway, the Yamaha one came with two sets of cables that plug into the side.  I used the one with the battery clips and the 1 green wire.  I got another piece of wire, and put a bullet end on one end, and one with fork prongs on the other end.  I then cut one of the prongs off, so I could just poke it into the programming connector on the bike (center pin).

So, everything was plugged in and lit up and giving me the "waiting to connect" (or something like that message).  I powered on the WR while holding the "Mode" button on the tool.  I enter diagnostic mode, but I'm in the "D" portion of it, and everyone else is saying they are adjusting C1.  My "D1" is saying it's set at 11.

How do you get it to C?

Disregard.  I went out after writing the post and tried again.  For whatever reason, "CO" popped up and I was able to change the setting.