HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goforaride

cluth pull questions

3 posts in this topic

I have a 14 yz450f. Coming from a 07 crf250r the yz has a much lighter clutch pull.

Here is the catch. A friend has an 08 crf250x completely stock. Man does that thing have a sweet clutch pull. I ride my yz till I cant pull the clutch anymore then I get on his bike and I can clutch forever without any issues. Its super light but what really stands out is that it is so smooth. If I didnt know better I would swear it was a hydraulic.

What can I do to get that smooth feeling on my yz? I would like a lighter pull also but if nothing else that razor thru butter smoothness is a must. The cables are new and lubbed. Clutch lever is properly adjusted. What else is there?

An ASV C6 Pro Lever. It has a needle bearing in the pivot. Really smooth and the adjustable reach it nice.  Bearing makes the pull easier. 

See what happens when you don't break a lever for 5 years?  Didn't even notice ASV made a C6.