HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
War_IS_the_Answer

06-09 YZ450f electric fan installation?

8 posts in this topic

...about mounting them, or powering them? 

There is NO surplus electricity to do anything with on the '03-'09 YZ450; zero.  The stators are smaller than the gas cap, and intended only to operate the ignition.  But, you can run small DC computer chassis fans off a single 9V for up to 2 hours straight.  Put a switch in so you can leave them off until they matter, and you'll be set.

Yes   however when waiting after freinds, I tend to not stop the engin since it's a @@@#$% to restart when very hot

I did it with my YZ426

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1106562-computer-fan-on-dirtbike/Should not overheat, run blue ice and never let idle for more than a couple of minutes never have had  a problem. Even with smashed radiators. Maybe you have a different problem, if you really want to put in high flow water pump in..

I would check the valves, If they are right it should start in one kick ares all do 06-09 yzs

I have ridden my bike slow.. alot. Hit single track at low speed. Spent a lot of time on the clutch before I got it geared lower and heavy flywheel installed. Stock motor with engine ice and have never experienced the need for a fan.

1 person likes this

Same here went out with a friend who was on a bayou 250 he was creeping if I went any slower I would have tipped over while I did feel my legs getting a little warm it didn't boil over. After that I don't see a need to even bother with a fan. Mine is 2012 by the way not sure if that makes a difference.