HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rocky1980

strip down

6 posts in this topic

hi guys i have just striped the head off my bike to put in a new piston kit. i noticed between the crank case and the barrel is a hole where coolant flows through and a dowel.

is there meant to be a rubber o ring around this dowel? i pulled off a lot of instant gasket and it looks like they should be a o ring there but i can't find it on any parts diagrams?

crank.jpeg

Judging by the looks of the case (because you failed to specify :naughty: ), that's an '06-'09 model, in which case, no, no O-ring at the cylinder base.

That's different.  The '03-'05 calls for dowel number 5BE-12564-00-00, and O-ring number 93210-19758-00 (illustrated with the water pump in the catalog, and the same parts as used between the crankcase and right side cover).  Anytime an O-ring is used over a dowel like that there will be a machined recess to accept the ring.  If there isn't one (as in the picture you posted), one is not used.

ah brilliant thanks a lot grayracer that explains why i couldn't find it if its in the water pump section lol yea theres a little recess for it but i was confused as i thought it would be on the crankcase or cylinder diagram.