HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juice222

Suggestions on upgrades for race season!

8 posts in this topic

Alright to start I have been riding for 20 years now and have just purchased my first brand new bike. A 2015 yzf 450. Although i have a lot of riding under my belt I've never raced motocross before but I am going to next year. My question is, what do you guys suggest I do to my new ride to get her ready for race season? So far I'm set on getting the suspension set up, skid plate and rad braces. What else?! I'm in canada so I got all winter to get her dialed in lol. Also as far the skid plate and braces, any suggestion on brand or style?

I have several EE products on my 2014 YZ450F. I have a full skid plate. It is well built and fits ok, but it's a real pain to put on, especially when I have to take it off for every oil change. I also have their full handguards. They are pretty good. I also have their radiator braces. The braces add at least a half inch of width right where the bike already feels wide. I feel like I am straddling a bull when I move forward for a tight corner. I race desert hare scrambles, so I think I will leave them on, but if I were only racing motocross, they would have come off after the first ride.

Bottom line is that they do make solid products, but be prepared for a sizable trade-off in comfort if you get the rad braces.

I have several EE products on my 2014 YZ450F. I have a full skid plate. It is well built and fits ok, but it's a real pain to put on, especially when I have to take it off for every oil change. I also have their full handguards. They are pretty good. I also have their radiator braces. The braces add at least a half inch of width right where the bike already feels wide. I feel like I am straddling a bull when I move forward for a tight corner. I race desert hare scrambles, so I think I will leave them on, but if I were only racing motocross, they would have come off after the first ride.

Bottom line is that they do make solid products, but be prepared for a sizable trade-off in comfort if you get the rad braces.

. Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard about them making that much of a difference in width. Glad I didn't order them yet!