Suggestions on upgrades for race season!

Alright to start I have been riding for 20 years now and have just purchased my first brand new bike. A 2015 yzf 450. Although i have a lot of riding under my belt I've never raced motocross before but I am going to next year. My question is, what do you guys suggest I do to my new ride to get her ready for race season? So far I'm set on getting the suspension set up, skid plate and rad braces. What else?! I'm in canada so I got all winter to get her dialed in lol. Also as far the skid plate and braces, any suggestion on brand or style?

Yup^^^^^

Yeah I looked into the enduro engineering braces they look solid

Yup, short list.

EE!

Has all you need.

I have to say, their gripper seats are the best seat I've used. Even in heavy mud conditions.

I have several EE products on my 2014 YZ450F. I have a full skid plate. It is well built and fits ok, but it's a real pain to put on, especially when I have to take it off for every oil change. I also have their full handguards. They are pretty good. I also have their radiator braces. The braces add at least a half inch of width right where the bike already feels wide. I feel like I am straddling a bull when I move forward for a tight corner. I race desert hare scrambles, so I think I will leave them on, but if I were only racing motocross, they would have come off after the first ride.

Bottom line is that they do make solid products, but be prepared for a sizable trade-off in comfort if you get the rad braces.

I have several EE products on my 2014 YZ450F. I have a full skid plate. It is well built and fits ok, but it's a real pain to put on, especially when I have to take it off for every oil change. I also have their full handguards. They are pretty good. I also have their radiator braces. The braces add at least a half inch of width right where the bike already feels wide. I feel like I am straddling a bull when I move forward for a tight corner. I race desert hare scrambles, so I think I will leave them on, but if I were only racing motocross, they would have come off after the first ride.

Bottom line is that they do make solid products, but be prepared for a sizable trade-off in comfort if you get the rad braces.

. Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard about them making that much of a difference in width. Glad I didn't order them yet!