HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CooHead

2007 YZ450 a good year?

7 posts in this topic

When did they lay the engine down and around?

A guy I know has a brady new 2007 YZ450f that he is wanting to sell.

Road five times. Seriously, only five times around a farm. Bone stock everything including tires. SItting in his garage.

I have a 2003 YZ250f that I like good enough. Some guys tell me I should get a 450. I'm 50 yers old and ride mine pretty dang good. I'm 190lbs. The guy selling it is like close to 300lbs. He wanted to try a dirt bike as it seemed fun for us and other to do on the weekend. So, he bought this one brand new in 2008. Found out riding dirt bikes is a lot of work :)

'

So, asking $3800, I'd get it for less. But is the 2007 year considered a good one for yz450f?

CooHead.

Get it before someone else does.

Has less power than the brutal 2006 but more than 2008 and 2009.

I got my 07 for $2k. I love mine. It's a work house. If you want to get a bike that you don't have to worry about the valve clearance going out of spec prematurely, thats a Yamaha. I check mine once every off season and that's it. I'm 275lbs and it gets me moving.

Good year. The 08 felt like a big bore 250F in terms of stock handling and power, at least to me. Price, as stated, could be lower.

I bought the same bike this last spring in excellent shape for $2500, that thing flat out rips! At least to me coming from a similar situation where I normally ride an 05 250f that thing is absolutely ridiculous. I haven't ridden any other 450's for  comparison on power but coming off the 250f its amazing! I went with the blue bike because I've always heard great things about their reliability and durability, if you could nab it for a little less I wouldn't hesitate a bit.