WR450F 2007 purchase.about cush drive for it ? help please

hi all im looking at getting a wr450f and it has the stock wheels rims on it and i was wondering what a cush drive is?

it is road registered atm i will have dot approved knobbies on it (not road slicks) and  i was wondering do i  need a cush drive or is cush drive only needed for road tyres, I Dont want to stress my tranny by riding on road. Help is muchly appreciated. 

No, it is not a critical item. It does reduce drive-line shock.

If things like cush drive are a concern, it is possible a race bike like a WR450 may not be the best choice for you.

hi all im looking at getting a wr450f and it has the stock wheels rims on it and i was wondering what a cush drive is?

it is road registered atm i will have dot approved knobbies on it (not road slicks) and  i was wondering do i  need a cush drive or is cush drive only needed for road tyres, I Dont want to stress my tranny by riding on road. Help is muchly appreciated. 

You don't need it

I have been through (4) WR's and have never had a lower end problem of any kind, and I THRASH my bike on the street.

Ok I was just curious coz I want to be on the safe side thanks all for the time to respond thanks

I have over 10,000 mi. on a street supermoto. No issues.