HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goforaride

Front/rear spring combo

4 posts in this topic

So my forks are killing me but the rear feels good. If I put .47 in front and keep the 5.9 in back will it throw the balance off?

2014 450 175 full gear and I'm a slow to average intermediate

Edited by Goforaride

Where is your compression adjuster set? Have you tried just opening them up a few?

Yes I have gone softer on the comp. Im just not fast enough to be comfortable as stiff as they are and I get beat on trails. Using the rt calculator, I need 5.8 and .465 springs. With those numbers I can go .46 or .47 on the forks and 5.7 or stay at 5.9 on the rear. I have a smoking deal on a pair of brand new kyb .47 fork springs pulled out of a 14 yz250f. I know fork sag is usually diregarded but checking mine I only get 35mm. Far as I know they should have around 70mm. Rear is 45mm static with 105 race sag.