2012 WR450

Going to install a front number plate and remove the headlight on my '12

WR 450. The piece in the picture is mounted to the bracket behind the headlight and I have no idea what it is. Can someone identify this please. Hopefully the picture uploaded.

1410993250691.jpg

I'm not sure what it's for but it's a resistor.

Do not remove it unless you do not want your low fuel light not to work, the light will stay lit without it.

Do not remove it unless you do not want your low fuel light not to work, the light will stay lit without it.

Thanks

I wish they made a GYTR number plate that used the existing mount points, but just ditched the light.  Anyone know of anything?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1411082529.717791.jpg

Going to install a front number plate and remove the headlight on my '12

WR 450. The piece in the picture is mounted to the bracket behind the headlight and I have no idea what it is. Can someone identify this please. Hopefully the picture uploaded.

I had a couple of mounts I machined for that. Send me an email address and I will send you some pictures of it. I used a yz250 number plate and it went right on. Also was able to keep ignition and engine light in a clean spot.

If I still have the program in the ccn I can run one next week for you. If not you can have mine, I won't need it anymore.

Want to sell your stock headlight?

Want to sell your stock headlight?

Not at this time.  In a couple months I will probably change my mind go back to the headlight.