HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XMXZX

2012 WR 450 Bark Busters / Hand guards

26 posts in this topic

I have read a few posts on here and it seems that everyone likes the Cyra pro bends.  I am going to order a set for my bike.  Not sure if I should get blue or white.  Does anyone have a pic with them installed on a 12 or newer?  I have the stock pro taper bars are they 7/8"?  Will the ones in the link below have everything I need to install them?  Thanks.

http://store.cycraracing.com/ceremo7ba.html

bike.JPG

I think they are 1 1/8".

Great guards. My Zetas would have folded on some of the hits the Cycras take.

Edited for potato

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards , Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

Edited by revelc
1 person likes this

I like the triple clamp mounts as opposed the the typical "U" clamp mount. The ones that BRP make that replace the top bar clamps.

2 people like this

I like the triple clamp mounts as opposed the the typical "U" clamp mount. The ones that BRP make that replace the top bar clamps.

And their threaded bar end inserts.

1 person likes this

How did you make that work around the headlight/computer etc?

How did you make that work around the headlight/computer etc?

I actually have them on my 350EXC not on the WR as of now. There is no interference with the computer or headlight. I can take a picture of them on my bike if you would like.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410308214.366908.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410308214.366908.jpg

Edited by KennyMc
1 person likes this

I actually have them on my 350EXC not on the WR as of now. There is no interference with the computer or headlight. I can take a picture of them on my bike if you would like.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410308214.366908.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410308214.366908.jpg

I haven't seen that style before, I thought you were referring to the ones that bolt to the triple clamp. I can see how those go around, thanks.

Get some open ended DRC grips to go along with those wrap around guards. ;) 

Edited by cubera

Get some open ended DRC grips to go along with those wrap around guards. ;) 

Can you type any smaller :p

1 person likes this

Thanks for all of the replies.  I am going to order them this week.  The ones I posted in the link above are universal and will fit my bike right?  1 1/8" bars.

Thanks for all of the replies.  I am going to order them this week.  The ones I posted in the link above are universal and will fit my bike right?  1 1/8" bars.

I noticed the price for that setup is $133 but you will have an additional mount on your handlebars right next to the handlebar clamps.  I would recommend the following:

Get the handguards from here for $70.50

http://www.munnracing.com/    look under the CYCRA info.

Get the BRP handlebar clamps that replace the top clamps you currently have for $69.99 (they also have the handguards for $4 more so you may just want to get the whole deal here)

http://cyclebuy.com/shopping/cycra/handguard_alloy.htm   This way you are not adding any additional clamps to your handlebars.

That would be my suggestion, total cost only being ~$7 more but a "cleaner" setup :thumbsup:

I noticed the price for that setup is $133 but you will have an additional mount on your handlebars right next to the handlebar clamps.  I would recommend the following:

Get the handguards from here for $70.50

http://www.munnracing.com/    look under the CYCRA info.

Get the BRP handlebar clamps that replace the top clamps you currently have for $69.99 (they also have the handguards for $4 more so you may just want to get the whole deal here)

http://cyclebuy.com/shopping/cycra/handguard_alloy.htm   This way you are not adding any additional clamps to your handlebars.

That would be my suggestion, total cost only being ~$7 more but a "cleaner" setup :thumbsup:

Kenny -

Going to order the setup you suggested.  I think I am just going to get everything from cyclebuy to save on shipping.  Thanks

Kenny -

Going to order the setup you suggested. I think I am just going to get everything from cyclebuy to save on shipping. Thanks

They also have the threaded bar ends which I also use. Have them on both my bikes. Makes for a more solid application.

Another vote for Cycras. I have the triple clamp mounts on my WR, and the BRP top bar clamp/Scotts damper /bark buster mount on my KTM. Both work great, fit great and don't interfere with anything.