Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bturner

Replacing the "on the fly adjustable" clutch cable

6 posts in this topic

For some reason this is being a pain. I got a motion pro clutch cable to replace my oem one. I can't figure out how to get the cable out of the rubber adjuster wheel that's attached to the perch. Is there a trick to pulling it through & then getting the new one in? Sorry of this has been discussed before.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1410031692.012042.jpg

This guy right here. It didn't come with the motion pro. The guy in the service department thought that maybe when you buy the cable, it comes with that on it already. Says he sees it a lot, but I just don't know. Oem clutch cables only come with this, I'd you get aftermarket, you have to replace the perch to make it work?

I believe you'll find that that is a rubber cover for the actual adjuster.  If you roll it back from the lever, the underlying part is slotted.

Ya just a rubber cover pull it back and youll see it works like any other cable adjuster.

Thanks guys. I know what your talking about. The center alum piece has a slot, so I thought it had to come out somehow, it's just not coming out! But know that I know it does, I'll get it out.