Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johntriger

98 WR400 Supermoto conversion issue

4 posts in this topic

So I picked up a set of 99 wr400 rims they are 17" the front fits perfectly but the rear has a different sized axle from what I have seen and looked up.

It looks to be a 22mm instead of the 20mm that my 98 has. So I am now here looking for an opinion on what all I should do to address this issue.

I was thinking about taking my stock hub and fitting it to the 17" rim but i have no idea what spoke length it would be. 

Maybe custom sized bearings to fit the 99 hub to the 98 axle? This way I could keep my dirt trim tire not torn apart, and be able to swap them easily. 

Help? What should I do to make it fit? 

Picture of the bike with dirt tires on it cause why not.  I will post more pictures of my issue when I wake up.

0825141934a.jpg

You could measure the inside, outside and width of the proper bearing. Go to a bearing house and get the right bearing for your new wheel.

You could measure the inside, outside and width of the proper bearing. Go to a bearing house and get the right bearing for your new wheel.

So I need a 20x50x14 bearing and they don't make one it seems...looks like i am going to end up having to buy a different year's swing arm to fit this wheel then. bummer. I feel like getting a custom made axle sleeve would be super expensive.. :( I'll find out tomorrow if it can be even done. 

Edited by Johntriger