How restrictive is the air box snorkel on a 2012 WR450?

I hear you. I'm sure it will run ok especially down low. You should check on other riders bikes to find out if they are drowning out. You don't want to DNF for a wet air cleaner.

First ride out I rode through a water crossing that came up to the seat. Just had to throttle it and pull up. I stopped, opened the door, and found water in it. The bike never died and I only had to remove the plug drain it and go.

If you are in deep water those extra few inches of protrusion probably won't make that much of a difference. If you get water over the seat it's done either way.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

Edited by revelc

First ride out I rode through a water crossing that came up to the seat. Just had to throttle it and pull up. I stopped, opened the door, and found water in it. The bike never died and I only had to remove the plug drain it and go.

If you are in deep water those extra few inches of protrusion probably won't make that much of a difference. If you get water over the seat it's done either way.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

That's not a water crossing !

It's a lake.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

You reroute your breather hose yet. If you had standing water in your airbox it's gonna flow(get sucked) right into the case.

That's not a water crossing !

It's a lake.

Sorry for not clarifying.

I rode through a TEXAS SIZED water crossing*

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

You reroute your breather hose yet. If you had standing water in your airbox it's gonna flow(get sucked) right into the case.

I was worried about that but I checked my oil after I got home. No chocolate milkshake.

Changed it anyways because it was done with break in.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

Edited by revelc