HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iaskdumbquestions

2014 450 how 2 remove coupler

8 posts in this topic

The female (top) part of the coupler gets wider near the bottom. Squeeze the hell out of that arch between the narrow and wider part. I have to squeeze super tight then it comes out. Not sure if this is the "right" way, but it works. Again, maybe not the right way but I've used channel lock pliers to lighty squeeze that area and it comes out easily as you pull on the bottom.

What coupler are you referring to? I'm guessing the one for the GYTR tuner. There is a small button/clip in the center of the connector on the outboard side. Pull the clip outward and pull the connector apart.

U have to turn ur finger nail towards the frame put it inside between the coupler and coupler housing now push out away from frame and pull down with other hand at the same time very easy once figured out

1 person likes this

There's a little lever up inside on the tip of my finger, pull it outwards while pulling the cable down with your other hand. 

This did my head in for days before i finally googled it..

IMG_2381.JPG

1 person likes this