HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sabideefoo

2000 Yamaha Wr400 Stator Options?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,  Well I decided to make a little opps a couple of days ago on my Wr400.   A  newb mistake that I WONT MAKE AGAIN.   Anyhoo.....

Long story short (Flywheel Puller bolts to far in and ruined copper winding)

So Contact alot of companies over this past week and everyone pointed me to RICKY Stator.   Called him up and sent him some photos of my stator.  To see if he could rewind it for me.   He says that "YES" on the copper part that you can see he can rewind.   BUT  incase in the white epoxy you cannot rewind because of the VERY SPECIAL super thin wire the use for the ignition part of the stator.   Well   I ask what my alternatives was and he suggestion ebay and second hand.   Well no luck there.   2nd.  Is he stock OEM stock ones for $275 out the door.   So before I dump that kinda cash.  Does anyone know of any cheaper places to get these WR400 stators?

Heres some pictures...

CAM00569_zps76281839.jpg

CAM00546.jpg

I agree. Was just hoping if there was another place to score it alittle cheaper. But I suppose you always get what you paid for. Im hoping to place my order next week if nothing turns up.