Should I ? 08 450R for a 12 YZ450

My son decided to sell his bike for a SxS...there goes my riding partner! He's offered his YZ to me as an "upgrade" to my 08 CRF450R with nice off-road mods and that Honda reliability. It does have 166 easy, no rev limiter hours though. Should I go White, go EFI and go a bit heavier or stay Red? A few opinions for this Vet 50 off-road rider/hare scramble racer is warranted. Thanks!

Stay Red....

My son decided to sell his bike for a SxS...there goes my riding partner! He's offered his YZ to me as an "upgrade" to my 08 CRF450R with nice off-road mods and that Honda reliability. It does have 166 easy, no rev limiter hours though. Should I go White, go EFI and go a bit heavier or stay Red? A few opinions for this Vet 50 off-road rider/hare scramble racer is warranted. Thanks!

That what? :lol:

Ride it. If you like it, trade him. 

Stay red.

The verdict is in...the 450R remains my race bike of choice. Why? I did about a 40 mile single track loop over the weekend on the YZ. As I already knew, the suspension was awesome! The negatives though outweighed the boingers that being: air intake sound (I had heard it before but not dealt with it for a 2hr ride) and the transition from sitting to standing. I always heard the Yamaha's were not for tall folk and this played out. Also the front brakes suck worse than my Honda's. The EFI was nice but my carb'd bike starts with less kicks. So 'll keep the Honda til some other bike tempts me. :jawdrop: