2015 WR450F

I'm thinking we may be in for a surprise or two...

Yeah. Some BNG's!!!

I bet all we end up with is "Bold new graphics".

Maybe black wheels if we behave ourselves.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

Edited by revelc

Was hoping to see the WR450 get the backwards motor.... maybe next year?

Apparently there were quite a few left over WR450F's they may not push an update if sales aren't too great. I found a brand new '07 and I just picked up a new 12 earlier this month.

Anything is possible but I'm not getting my hopes up. Australia or somewhere else will probably get an updated one before we do.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

Was hoping to see the WR450 get the backwards motor.... 

Why?     Is that motor 10lbs lighter?

More than a new motor or a 6 speed tranny, the WR's need to go on a diet.   Its a strong seller, so I'm not sure that they will want to fix something that isn't broke.       But... it would look good on paper

2016 gets the reverse engine layout

Really!

It didn't work for the WR for 2012 update so why would it work for 2016?

If Yam could have ditched the the current WR engine & gone to the reverse YZF, surely they would, so they didn't have to stock twice as many parts, and pay for the maintenance of two lots of tooling etc etc

Does not make financial sense to manufacture two different 450 single four stroke engines, if one design would do, unless there are other compelling reasons

Its why up till 2012 they shared the same engine, and why the the old two stroke WR shared the same engine as the 2 stroke crosser.

I dont think the reverse engine is gunna happen for a while yet, unless they deside to reverse the quad engine as well, correct me if Im wrong but doesnt the yfz450r/x and the WR have a very similar powerplant? I have heard that the 15 is changed more than BNG, just hearsay but I started looking when Someone told me they are buying one as soon as its released...as in dealers have them in crates but cant sell em yet. just a rumor.

From the Yahaha Canada website...

Lightweight direct ignition coil is integrated into the spark plug cap to reduce weight and complexity

Looks like they went coil on plug.  That's the only change I could find from reading the features.  Could be others though.

I don't know though, it says the '14 has that too.  Not sure what's up with that.

Edited by cracker please

From the Yahaha Canada website...

Lightweight direct ignition coil is integrated into the spark plug cap to reduce weight and complexity

Looks like they went coil on plug.  That's the only change I could find from reading the features.  Could be others though.

Back to the future..lol

My 08 has coil on plug

Edited by GuyGraham
  • Like 1