HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
underground-mpyre

What kind of Header is this?

8 posts in this topic

So when I bought my 426f from the PO, I received an entire box of spare parts and in there was this header. I have no idea who makes this or if it is even made/compatible for the 426. It is larger than OEM and made of Titanium, anybody know anything about this Header?

20140827_063342.jpg

Edited by underground-mpyre

Probably a YZ OEM header

I don't think so. Doesn't the YZ OEM have a heat shield? And I don't think the YZ OEM is titanium either.

Edited by woods-rider

Most YZ headers are Titanium, and some year WR's too.

Yz400f.jpg

But yours has an aluminum flange, with is not stock

Probably old FMF.

Edited by Kah Ran Nee

I would like to use it, just is this something recommended for the 426f? I have looked at a few aftermarket headers and the FMF has a exhaust chamber versus this straight through header. Any thoughts?

I would like to use it, just is this something recommended for the 426f? I have looked at a few aftermarket headers and the FMF has a exhaust chamber versus this straight through header. Any thoughts?

Ride it with both the stock and that one. Then decide for yourself.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards , Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

I am hoping it will fit into a FMF Q4 muffler. If it does, I am going to have it ceramic coated inside and out to keep the heat down and away from the rubber radiator coolant hoses. The front bend is a good 3/4's of an inch closer than stock to the motor and hoses.