2000 WR400 Free Mods help!

Okay guys, I have a 2000 Wr 400 and am looking to do the free mods on it this weekend. I need your help though. I am new to tearing into bikes and this is my only transportation so I can't afford to mess it up. 

I am specifically looking to do the gray wire mod, the WR->YZ timing. I pretty much know what I am doing in the gray wire mod but I really need help with the timing mod. As I said I am super new to it so when you speak with technical terms I will not understand unless you explain or show pictures. I tried looking at other threads but it is hard to learn it all by just the words. 

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

As I said, the words mean nothing to me without representation. I have read and understood how to do it but do not know what anything looks like or where it is located. For instance, rotating the intake camshaft one tooth xlckwise, what is one tooth? I know about the intake and exhaust camshaft, but what are the teeth? 

As I said, the words mean nothing to me without representation. I have read and understood how to do it but do not know what anything looks like or where it is located. For instance, rotating the intake camshaft one tooth xlckwise, what is one tooth? I know about the intake and exhaust camshaft, but what are the teeth? 

It's gonna be tough to find someone to teach you everything you don't know, especially if you are not willing to read or search or try.

You need to download a service manual and start learning.

Then you will know what you don't understand.

I've been trying to look it up for a few days now, I am new so I also don't know exactly what to look up. I am willing to learn if someone is willing to help, and that's all I'm asking. I don't expect someone to teach me everything, but the simple things I've stated above. I bought a service manual and am waiting for it to ship to my house.

You have to be mechanically inclined or have some previous experience or getting into cam timing may not be easy.

Do some utube searching on what your looking to do.

It would also come much easier if you had a freind that had the experience to teach you.

A lot of people might just hire a mechanic to do it.