HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avlisj

Fork seals

6 posts in this topic

Anybody have recommendations to a good brand of fork seals. Oem. Whatever? One that won't leak after two rides.

Anybody have recommendations to a good brand of fork seals. Oem. Whatever? One that won't leak after two rides.

Stock work fine but you better make sure you sand out and nicks in the tubes or the same reason that caused it to leak will happen again. Also seal savers has stopped mine from leaking for years. Protect the tubes from scratches.

Its most likely not your seals, but grit/dirt trapped under them makling them leak

I had the same problem when I first got my WR, changed seals 3 times in a matter of weeks

Then I found this

Haven't put any new seals in for about 3yrs now

when they leak, I just clean them out

Its most likely not your seals, but grit/dirt trapped under them makling them leak

I had the same problem when I first got my WR, changed seals 3 times in a matter of weeks

Then I found this

Haven't put any new seals in for about 3yrs now

when they leak, I just clean them out

Thanks

I've used that and the red one that you snap onto fork tube but never seems to work for long

After watching the video though, I've never recet the seal. So hopefully that will be the trick. Bike only has 10 hrs on it. Can't imagine the seal is already shot. Don't like running wet suit arms on my forks either

you haven't got a ty-rap around the fork have you - this pushes dirt up into the seal and causes leaks

Keep trying with the seal-mate - its never failed to work for me

push the hooked end up as far as it will go

rotate lower fork (brake cable with need removing) whilst holding seal-mate against stanchion, around 3or 4 times and then pull it out. repeat  a few times and then try it