oil leak from crank case cover?

Hey every one I just picked up an 05 WR450F I have put some new tires on it and a new air filter will be doing more soon just enjoying it right now, now the problem is it appears to be leaking oil from the crank case cover is this a common problem? Also it looks like ill be able to replace with out pulling the motor just would like to make sure also any advice or tips is always appreciated I will have pictures up soon.

I have degreased the motor it was one of the first things I did when I got it I like starting clean. 

As far as I know the air box mod and the tps has been unplugged looks like the ais has been removed it has a three gallon yz tank, really weird part is the PO did the grey wire mod but instead of cutting the wire or depining it he installed a toggle switch. cant see the oil leaking in the picture but should give an idea of where its at.

WR4_zps1fc6cec7.jpg

IMG_20140813_195111126_zps148356d9.jpg

IMG_20140813_195135398_zps5a426bb8.jpg

I cant see it either,  let it leak so we can see it or put a pencil tip where its leaking while you take a pic .

The tank is an IMS tank and it is a problem .

Do a search and you will find stories of them catching fire . 

The main reason is balance fuel line above the exhaust.

I would remove it and plug it up.

I have an 05 with the same tank , however mine came with out the line on that side but I have had

other issues with that tank as well.  It sits to close to the valve cover on the left side , mine actually touched

and on long slow rides would boil gas in the tank . Installing heat reflective tape under the tank and adding a

rubber shim at the back of the tank lifts it enough where it does not touch preventing the boil.

The gas in the tank still gets hot sometimes but has not boiled again.

So I think that this could be a problem

IMG_20140814_193942764_HDR_zps2e59bb34.j

I was able to get the bolt out and replace the gasket every thing is good now took it on a short ride like is gone the leak was coming from the bottom of the crankcase on the right side. 

One good thing was the dealer gave me the gasket and the bolt for my problems and about the gas tank I knew it wasn't the stock yz tank but a aftermarket one from what I was told also could you tell me more about those problems with the tank maybe some pictures and I do have the stock tank should I just switch back to that. I also forgot it has a full exhaust

• Like 1

Not trying to take over this thread but does anyone know if you can get an aftermarket case cover?

I crashed my 2012 WR450 in the first turn of a race yesterday and didn't realize my shifter bent inward which rubbed on the case for the rest of the race. It now has a vertical gash with a pin hole through it from the shifter. I don't really trust the liquid metal technique...

Not trying to take over this thread but does anyone know if you can get an aftermarket case cover?

I crashed my 2012 WR450 in the first turn of a race yesterday and didn't realize my shifter bent inward which rubbed on the case for the rest of the race. It now has a vertical gash with a pin hole through it from the shifter. I don't really trust the liquid metal technique...

Gonna have to be from a dealer or ebay.

The JB weld Marine works very well.