2012 WR450R High Elevation Mapping?

I’m about to take a trip to Cloudcroft NM and was wandering if there was or If I even need to worry about a high elevation ECU map? The bike is fully uncorked and has the comp computer with the FMF map with the GYTR FMF pipe on. Runs great at sea level. The highest elevation there is 8600 feet. Do I even need to worry about it?

Thanks

Stewart   

When you get there, start the bike, and let it get warm. Ride it if you want.

Then kill the motor for 30 seconds. Restart the motor using NO THROTTLE, and let it idle for a minute.

Kill the motor.

Re start, and now you will have re-set the mapping via the MAP and TEMP sensors reset,  for your current altitude.

You should do this for every change in air pressure or tempreture. 

Cool! Is that procedure in the manual somewhere?

Thanks

Stewart

Cool! Is that procedure in the manual somewhere?

Thanks

Stewart

Nope, not in the manual.

It's what Keihin told me to do when I asked them why my POS KTM constantly had running issues.

Ok cool! Thanks for the reply.

Stewart

THe 2012+ WR450Fs sense air flow based on throttle position and manifold pressure.  At higher elevations manifold pressure drops and the WRs automatically adjust the fuel accordingly.  

I was at 8,000 feet on a ride on the weekend.   My bike ran great.   Best hill climber of the bunch, including  a trio of KTM 300s, as judged by a KTM rider himself after climbing a hill on my bike.  He couldn't believe how controllable the power was and how you could shut it down and have the engine instantly respond when you crack it again.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy

Thanks for the reply's guys. Leaving Thur morning for Cloudcroft! :ride:  

Stewart