2015 Wr 450

As Scotty said as he got beamed up on the Enterprise as the two co-captains are arguing ... "I really like this ship". Lol

No.  There are lots of places I'll make use of the YZ cams.  Maybe you wouldn't, but I will.

I don't have the energy to argue with your controversial views on everything I post.  This is about the 10th one you've replied to.  I get that we think differently.  Please stop shoving it in my face.

Thank you.

Really? Like where? You think YZ cams are going to help you hold 3rd gear better on a hill climb? Give your head a shake. Trying hitting it harder/faster, or working the clutch. Or just downshift. I guarantee 'lack of power' is NOT the reason you're not getting up hills, or not getting up them in the gear you think you should. You seem to think there is a technical solution to every riding problem, and you couldn't be more wrong. It's the rider 99% of the time. I guarantee you a better rider would fly up the same hills you think you need YZ cams to get up on YOUR BIKE with no problems.

I've seen a lot of guys like you on various forums... engineers, tinkerers, guys that put in way more time reading & researching and pouring over every little minutae than actual seat time. They think they know everything because they've read a bunch of crap on the Internet, with little to no experience to back it up, then post it like it's fact, when it's anything but.

So yeah, you keep posting your 'theories' that don't hold water, and I'll keep calling you out on them. I hate to see people get bad info/advice from people that don't know what they're talking about.

I finally got my first ride on the new Wr450 and i must say it is a very nice ride. The only thing ive done so far is the module and the throttle screw and the baffles in the air box. Next i need to do something with the exhaust. New system or just modify the tip??

No triple digits without significant gearing changes and then first is hopelessly tall. Blaster007, just put the FMF silencer on it and be done. The stock silencer is beyond help.

Edited by offrd beatr

I think it would do 100 with stock gearing at around 10,600 rpms in 5th according to gearing commander.  Probably wouldn't pull me but maybe some of the smaller guys.  I'm geared 15/43 on 17's, I think my first gear is still a little lower than a stock YZ.

I think it would do 100 with stock gearing at around 10,600 rpms in 5th according to gearing commander. Probably wouldn't pull me but maybe some of the smaller guys. I'm geared 15/43 on 17's, I think my first gear is still a little lower than a stock YZ.

How accurate is the stock speedo?

I crept up to 94 on mine. Stock gearing, race ECU, tucked in, no wind.

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...