CHOKE PROBLEM

I have a 05 wr 450 and after you pull the choke out, it goes right back in as soon as you let go of it. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Its kinda awkward to hold the choke out and kickstart it when its cold. I did a search for a fix but the only thing I could find is to replace the choke assembely. Its only $30 but if its a easy fix like replacing an o-ring or something then I would rather try to fix it. Thanks in advance!

Mine does the same thing. Just hooked a piece of safety wire to pull it out enough to start it.

My buddy had the same problem and just replaced is entire choke knob assembly for $32 and viola. Obviously I need to do the same thing as you.

Yeah, it's an all day project:

Unscrew the choke nut

Remove plunger

Clean

Replace o rings 

Lube

Re-install

Safety wire hook huh?

Remind me not to ride in Indiana.

Yeah, it's an all day project:

Unscrew the choke nut

Remove plunger

Clean

Replace o rings 

Lube

Re-install

Safety wire hook huh?

Remind me not to ride in Indiana.

Thanks for the input. Do you have a part number for the o-ring? I couldn't see any in the parts diagram...

Thanks for the input. Do you have a part number for the o-ring? I couldn't see any in the parts diagram...

It's not listed

You'll have to go to the plumbing supply / hardware

I like the knowledge and experienced people comments. I can do without the caustic innuendo remarks though. cant you just politely reply if you feel the need to say anything Kah? Like I said I like the info you share but you come off as a smart ass dick in most of your posts.sorry. had to say it.

I like the knowledge and experienced people comments. I can do without the caustic innuendo remarks though. cant you just politely reply if you feel the need to say anything Kah? Like I said I like the info you share but you come off as a smart ass dick in most of your posts.sorry. had to say it.

I like your posts, but I can do without the name calling and whining about the posts not being done the way you think that should be done.

Like I said, I like your posts, but you come off as complaining whiner in most of your posts. Sorry, I had to say it.

The gas goes inside the big thing in front of the seat, before you ask.

I like your posts, but I can do without the name calling and whining about the posts not being done the way you think that should be done.

Like I said, I like your posts, but you come off as complaining whiner in most of your posts. Sorry, I had to say it.

The gas goes inside the big thing in front of the seat, before you ask.

Dude you whine all the time. Especially about how koolaid makes you sick. You think your opinion is fact.