HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
u83AAf3

Bent Timing Chain Guide? - 2005 WR450

7 posts in this topic

So I accidentally turned the crank the wrong way on my 2005 WR450 and I think I bent the Timing Chain Guide (maybe). It makes a slight knocking noise - slight as in I didn't notice anything for sometime. Under a load it make a more prominent rattling/knocking noise.

Few questions:

Did I really bend the timing chain guide?

How hard is it to replace the guide?

How much damage am I doing ridding it?

Edited by u83AAf3

So I accidentally turned the crank the wrong way on my 2005 WR450 and I think I bent the Timing Chain Guide (maybe). It makes a slight knocking noise - slight as in I didn't notice anything for sometime. Under a load it make a more prominent rattling/knocking noise.

Few questions:

I think you're OK, I had an '06, but really don't know. Check the WR450 forum.

Mike

How did you turn the crank the wrong way? I don't see how that could bend the timing chain guide

Few questions:

My question is ... How could it bend the Guide ?

So doing some more research I'm thinking it's just time for rebuild. I've put over 4k miles on it so far this year.

I'll open it up next week and see what is making the noise. I'm betting its the connecting rod bearings.

Edited by u83AAf3