HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mtrain730

Mx31 front. What tire in the rear.

12 posts in this topic

So I'm throwing 32 on the front not the 31 that was a mistake. And wanted some input on the rear. I know I will probably get all different answers but humor me. I live in ny And I am bad at describing the type of dirt but the best I can do as say it is maybe mid to hard by the end of the day. A lot of clay so its soft too start with but does pack down by the end of the day with some dirt on top of the hard pack. It definatly is not soft loam or fluffy soil but is also not extreme hard pack but does get packed down by the end of the day so my question is should I run the 32 same as the front or the 52 and maybe it will last longer.

Edited by Mtrain730

So I'm throwing 32 on the front not the 31 that was a mistake. And wanted some input on the rear. I know I will probably get all different answers but humor me. I live in ny And I am bad at describing the type of dirt but the best I can do as say it is maybe mid to hard by the end of the day. A lot of clay so its soft too start with but does pack down by the end of the day with some dirt on top of the hard pack. It definatly is not soft loam or fluffy soil but is also not extreme hard pack but does get packed down by the end of the day so my question is should I run the 32 same as the front or the 52 and maybe it will last longer.

My '14 450 came stock with Dungslop 32's front and rear, I would not hesitate to run another 32 rear ( or front ) again. Work great on soft / medium terrain and hang in there just fine on hard pack ( when the track gets a hard line here and there ). Plus was that they do not tear knobs like the Pirelli MS32's I run on my race wheels, the Dungslop's just round off the sharp edges. 

Traction wise; drop the pressure a little bit and they hook up just fine.

For the track types we generally get over here I use the Dungslops as my training tyres ( we tend to get soft loose dirt 99% of the time ), but the track I use for training has a lot of clay and can get pretty hard when its dry.

Hope that makes sense ?

1 person likes this

My '14 450 came stock with Dungslop 32's front and rear, I would not hesitate to run another 32 rear ( or front ) again. Work great on soft / medium terrain and hang in there just fine on hard pack ( when the track gets a hard line here and there ). Plus was that they do not tear knobs like the Pirelli MS32's I run on my race wheels, the Dungslop's just round off the sharp edges.

Traction wise; drop the pressure a little bit and they hook up just fine.

For the track types we generally get over here I use the Dungslops as my training tyres ( we tend to get soft loose dirt 99% of the time ), but the track I use for training has a lot of clay and can get pretty hard when its dry.

Hope that makes sense ?

Why not Dunlap Geo max 51 rear stock on yz good tire.

I put 2.2 hrs. on the new Dunlop MX32's this weekend and I am beyond impressed! Go with them front and rear you will not be disappointed. Best part is that they show absolutely no wear! Most other tires will start to show signs of wear after 2 hours on the back of a 450 ridden at race pace.

Edited by Rocket416

Because the MX51 has been discontinued and replaced by the MX52.

Actually the 51 was replaced by the 32 both soft to intermediate tires the 52 is a straight up hard pack tire i think it was like a 75 or something before

Kind of... The 52 is a mid-to-hard, and the 32 is a mid-to-part soft.

www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tire-catalog/off-road-adventure/mxsx-off-road-geomax-series/

Either way, the 51 is gone. 

My favorite up to now, too.  But the 32 looks like a good revision to me, so I'll try one next.

Try a Michelin mh3 or ms3 I had the dunlops and they do fantastic till you knock the new off of them. More than impressed with the wear and characteristics of the mh3

I have the 32 on the front now with a 51 still on the back my initial feeling from a quick test run behind my house ( no track time yet) is I am impressed. I am probably on the lower end of skill level compared to most of you and I am confident in saying I can tell a difference between some of of the other tire maybe it was just the terrain but this thing feels great the bike felt more balanced front to rear as far as traction before it always felt like it was easy for the rear of the bike to over power the front and make it push unless I was completely over the front now they feel more equal. Very happy so far. Let me know your feelings if you try it guys.