HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mxracer553

Hey Co riders what do you think of the RMXA?

8 posts in this topic

I am thinking of racing RMXA this year instead of the SRAC what are your opinions of the RMXA good experiences bad experiences let me know what you think.

Kyler

I have raced in both organizations, mostly RMXA though. I raced a couple of the SRAC Berthoud events last year.

RMXA: The people are nice, the competition is very competitive. The only thing you may not like is the all day program. For each class you enter you will race once in the morning and once in the afternoon. So if you sign up for only one class you may be sitting around a lot. You also have to be a member of the AMA.

Tracks:

Milliken - (My favorite)

Brush - (Second favorite)

Erie - (Only like it on race day when it is prepped)

Craig - (Never been there)

SRAC: I thought the organizers and people in charge were on a power trip the day I raced at Berthoud. I don't like the half-day program, maybe because I am used to the full day program. I like SRAC because I get to race Berthoud and Lakewood.

Anyway, as I am sure you are aware, there is a lot of mud slinging between the two organizations about who has the fastest riders, which one is better etc......

For the most part, I don't care about that crap, I just want to race. If you have any other questions let me know.

I am going to race both asscosiations this year yeah the all day schedule does suck but if all the tracks are anything like milliken I'll be happy.

Sounds like Milliken is a local favorite. Can somebody clue me in about memberships, locations, ride fees, etc? I might have to make the drive up from COS. Aztec is pretty convienient though..

Merf

Originally posted by Merfman:

Sounds like Milliken is a local favorite. Can somebody clue me in about memberships, locations, ride fees, etc? I might have to make the drive up from COS. Aztec is pretty convienient though..

Merf

Yeah Milliken is great, at least for me. Some of my friends don't like it too much because it does not have any huge jumps.

Memberships

Milliken - $10 a year, $10 a day to ride

Next exit past Berthoud, go east. Straight through

4 way stop light. Take a right on County Road 19. track is on the right.

Berthoud - $10 a year. $10-$12 a day to ride. depends on if track is being groomed that day.

I25 North to Bethoud Exit (150 I think) Go right, then right on frontage road. Make right under the highway.

Hey Merfman, sorry I missed you at the FMX but I went on Friday not Sat.

I knew where Berthoud was/is and had some buddies that went there last weekend.

The only thing I knew about Milliken was that a buddy of mine shattered both wrists there about two years ago (Alex from DNA )

I'll try to get a chance to ride up there sometime. Keep me in the loop when you're headed that way. Let me know if you'd like to ride Aztec sometime too. Byron does a great job with the tracks. He preps them daily and waters when they need it. There are two tracks (which changes weekly), one's usually geared toward "not so much air" and another towards "more air than the other track"

About the FMX, no worries. We'll hook up somewhere!

Merf

Originally posted by Merfman:

I knew where Berthoud was/is and had some buddies that went there last weekend.

The only thing I knew about Milliken was that a buddy of mine shattered both wrists there about two years ago (Alex from DNA )

I'll try to get a chance to ride up there sometime. Keep me in the loop when you're headed that way. Let me know if you'd like to ride Aztec sometime too. Byron does a great job with the tracks. He preps them daily and waters when they need it. There are two tracks (which changes weekly), one's usually geared toward "not so much air" and another towards "more air than the other track"

About the FMX, no worries. We'll hook up somewhere!

Merf

I know Alex, he has done the suspension on a couple of my bikes. Once it warms up some I'll be hitting Milliken and Berthoud on a regular basis. I would definitley like to come down and try out some of the Southern tracks this year. I may even race some the SRAC events down there.