Proper clutch cover gasket replacement?

Hey guys,

I have a 2006 YZ450 for a spare bike that has a lot of hours but still runs very strong. I have put probably 4 or 5 different clutch cover gaskets in it over the years and the odd time they leak a couple rides after being put in. I just see a little seepage on top near the kickstart never very much.  

Am I possibly putting it in improperly? I make sure not to over tighten and tighten on one across from the other like the pattern when putting a truck wheel on. It could also be possible the cover is warped but my plates have never shown signs of overheating.

If there's a trick anyone knows that I haven't figured out please let me know!

Thank you,

Are both mating surfaces clean as &%$#@!?

you sure its nit just a little oil that dripped on the case there from your last filter change?

you sure its nit just a little oil that dripped on the case there from your last filter change?

Yup its back by the kickstart, after washing the bike thoroughly it shows up again after a ride. I have a new gasket I'll put in when I rebuild the water pump, (seals just started leaking in it too).  

Its probably just junk in-between like squamishhunter stated, I'll cleaner good next time and see how it goes. Just wanted to see if there was something obvious I overlooked when replacing them.