04 WR450f front forks for fat guy

I'm looking to stiffen up my front forks. My bike is done up as a Supermoto so it doesn't see dirt anymore, but with the road tire on 17" warp9 the tire rubs the plastic clamp holding fork guard. (Not always just from wheelies, bumps, etc). Being a 255 lbs guy I squat the front a bit and would like to know what to do and somewhat how to do it.

There are many threads on the very bad base valve that causes the forks to sack out in there travel. Resulting in very bad handling.

Racetech is one company that replaces the bad valve with shims. It can also be a D. I. Y. if your handy or send them in and have them done.

Thx Steve, I'll look some in here. I did look but maybe not good enough

Race tech says I need a 56mm but they can only custom them up to 50mm. But I'm thinkin that's better than nothing..... Anyone know what a 2004 WR450f is stock?

Race tech says I need a 56mm but they can only custom them up to 50mm. But I'm thinkin that's better than nothing..... Anyone know what a 2004 WR450f is stock?

What is the 50-56 mm ?

I think he means .55kg/mm spring rate, but that's too stiff for 255 lbs, IMO (maybe OK for SM only :excuseme:).  I got .52 springs and I'm about that weight.  Can't remember where, but they can be found.  KYB, Cannon Racecraft, Eibach and Race Tech all have them up to .52 kg/mm.

.52 front

6.1 (sit in the sweet spot, or stand up a lot)  or 6.3 (sit like a couch)  back spring

That's it.

Now, once you change the springs, the rebound damping will not be able to keep up, so the bike will 'pogo-stick' in reaction to terrain.

The rule of thumb is that if you go more than one spring change from stock, you must re-valve the dampers.

Edited by Kah Ran Nee

Yes that's what I ment, I'll check those other places too