Need help figuring out what exhaust system this is

Have a question as to what year/brand exhaust is on my '02 yz426f. I attached two pics. I can see that the slip on is GTY-R. I however was just wondering what year, model and for what bike it is. Can't find a lookalike anywhere. Also, the other pic shows the header+mid-size that is on the bike now. The original exhaust system also came with the bike and what I've noticed is that the pipes that are on the bike now seem to be a larger diameter. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. The bike was a race bike and I just don't know if I should put a New exhaust on its especially because I don't want to lose any power. Reason all this has come up is because this bike is known in my area to sound like a beast. It is obscenely loud/throaty. I have yet to hear any other Sumo that even comes close to the sound this baby makes. I love it and hate it at Sametime. Thank you to anyone who can help me out.

-BrapNH

1405228580227.jpg

1405228605169.jpg

Try repacking it. These bikes go through packing pretty quickly. mufflers are NOT maintenance free.

If that doesn't quiet it down to an acceptable level then give the stocker a try or look for a modern muffler that is designed to be quiet. Unless your racing you won't miss the power as much as you could miss your riding area if it is closed down due to all the noise. It only takes one person to complain.

Good luck.

Thanks man. Any idea what exhaust this is? What I'm really wondering is am I gonna lose power of I go per say an fmf power bomb and slip-on or procircuit etc. I already repacked the hell out of the muffler. No change. I bunch of us that ride have just been trying to figure out if it's a custom exhaust with GTY-R slip-on or what. I can post a pic of the stock midpipe. It's noticeable smaller in diameter. Also, I have the bike so dialed in (which we all know is tough in itself) I'd hate to throw it out of whack

The noise doesn't much bother me but I ride this on the street 95% of the time. Cops are only issue and I can easily pull the clutch/get off the gas to quiet it down of/when I pass one.

On a side note.

-What is max rpm (redline) on 02 yz426f?

-bike runs at about 205 degrees with Engine Ice. Is that ok or should I upgrade radiators and/or toss the Boyesen supercooler water pump cover and impeller kit?

The bike is limited to 11,500 by the CDI.  205 is fine.  Pretty much anything less than a boil is OK, really (270 w/engine ice)

• Like 1

It's a yz426. Dead balls reliable, and since you ride it on the street, keeping it stock will keep it like that. And that is a pricey exhaust you have there. Re pack it ASAP, since the carbon fiber will eventually start to fall apart. No matter what, but keeping it cooler will help it last a lot longer.

• Like 1