Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NHdirtmonkey

New to the Wr family

12 posts in this topic

Just sold my drz and picked up a wr450f. its had work done to it and its real clean. the dealer said it came with a power commander v already installed. my question is, where is it, and how do i monkey with it if i ever need to?

NHdirtmonkey, Tell us a little bit more about your bike so we can better help you. What year is it?

Power commander would probably be under the seat or behind the headlight.  I think you can download the software from the power commander website if you don't have the CD.  I think you need a USB cable with a mini USB on the other end.  The stock header looks similar to a powerbomb.

Edited by cracker please

How can I tell if there's an aftermarket computer of some sort? There's a computer behind the air box on the right side under the white plastic, but that's the only one I've really found, and one inbetween the frame and right fork tube.

my ecu says 1dx7. what can i do with it? do i have to buy the programmer in order to change anything

my ecu says 1dx7. what can i do with it? do i have to buy the programmer in order to change anything

[/quote

Yes, You need to buy or borrow a programmer in order to change anything. But first how is the bike running? If it's running fine don't change it! Having been from NH myself(Henniker) I would like to know where you bought it from if it was Freedom I'm sure it wasn't set up right as I have only bought one bike from them and they don't have a clue as to how set up a bike. I just purchased a 14 myself and I'm working on getting it dialed in as well. I put in the comp ecu, FMF GYTR slip on and shorter throttle screw and I know it's way too lean b/c when it get s hot it won't restart unless I pull the grey knob out.

Edited by mikenash

they told me it was de smogged. i do have an fmf power core 4 pipe on it. and then the gytr ecu, like i said it pops on decel in the lower rpms, not sure if thats normal or not. but hot starting is a pita.

Yea from freedom, mine runs lean, hard to hot start, and slight popping on decel

I bought my 14 from Hudson in Nashua runs great easy to start hot & cold. Smaller shop nice folks very helpful & friendly probably paid a little more but I am happy. My buddy bought his KTM at Freedom mixed bag not bad not great. Hey NHdirt where you ridin?

we ride in winchendon/gardner mass, the powerlines and trails there are really fun, and we ride in tempelton mass also, there is a sand pit there thats pretty fun. not much to ride on around town unless your street legal, which a lot of my friends aren't,  and can ride on the road between class 6 roads and logging trails.  you?