HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Highmountain1

2012 WR over heating issues

2 posts in this topic

I apologize if this is already been posted but here goes..... Purchased this bike last year and so far it's been great. I've recently started to ride some technical single track with my buddies (mainly first....second gear if I'm lucky) and the bike starts to boil over, especially when I'm feathering the hell out the clutch which I usually am. My friend is telling me I need to purchase a radiator fan and wire directly to the battery(KTM Is the only radiator fan I've been able to find). However, I went to my local shop and the guys are saying that if I change the front sprocket it should resolve the issue...

The bike thrives when I'm riding with my wife on double track and high mountain passes, but I know I'm getting a lot more air intake.

Any advice is appreciated. Bike is still completely stock

http://www.thumpertalk.com/index.php?/topic/1091063-Overheating-2012-WR450%2C-need-help

I don't know if anything in that thread was ever agreed upon as a fix but there are some ideas to try in it. Over heating is just part of tight bush riding with limited airflow. My buddies 2013 ktm 450xcf is probably the easiest bike to over heat and it has a fan on it.